Tourism matters in Mid-Missouri. Attract more visitors to your business with the Columbia Missouri Visitor & Area Guide.
- Accounts for more than 1.5 million visitors each year
- Equates to more than $321 million in economic impact
- Creates more than 9,700 jobs in Boone County
Columbia, Missouri is a growing, dynamic community, and traffic from universities, hospitals and businesses means that the number of potential consumers traveling through the city each year will only increase. The Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB) receives over 20,000 requests for Columbia tourism information annually, with inquiries coming from as close by as Kingdom City and as far away as Thailand, and each request is answered with a copy of the Columbia Missouri Visitor & Area Guide.
Produced in conjunction with the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and the Mid-Missouri Tourism Council, the Columbia Missouri Visitor & Area Guide is an invaluable resource for any newcomer to Columbia, including information on upcoming events, local businesses and the best places to visit, and is viewed by tens of thousands of people every year, both at home and abroad. By advertising your business in the Guide, you can plant seeds of interest in potential consumers long before they reach Columbia.
In addition to its availability to those outside of Columbia, the Visitor & Area Guide is distributed across the state, at welcome centers, airports and more. Here are just a few of the places visitors can find the Guide:
- 28,000+ copies are distributed around Mid-Missouri in welcome centers, visitors centers, tourist attractions, Columbia and the surrounding area, hotels and restaurants
- More than 14,000 copies provided for Summer Welcome at the University of Missouri
- To each of the state’s seven Tourism Information Centers
- Columbia Mall
- To state AAA offices
- Columbia Regional Airport
- St. Louis, Kansas City, and I-70 with CTM Media Group
- Conferences and conventions held in the Mid-Missouri region such as the Taste of Mid-Missouri, MU Parents Orientation, Future Farmers of America, Future Business Leaders of America, State Basketball Championships, and other major events, shows, and exhibitions that Columbia plays host to due to its centralized location in Missouri
- All SEC Conference Cities
Comprehensive, highly visible and widely distributed, the Columbia Missouri Visitor & Area Guide is an excellent way to reach out to potential customers. Contact us today for more information.